My Closet

My Closet
Still a mess! Just the way I like it!

Saturday, October 4, 2014

#WEGOTTHIS

ü  Smoothie Maker
ü  Soy-Free, Fruit Protein Mix
ü  Apples
ü  Lemons
ü  Spinach/Other Green stuff
ü  Carrot Juice
ü  Blue, black and raspberries
ü  Tilapia/Shrimp/Salmon
ü  Whole Wheat Pasta
ü  An assortment of other healthy eating properties

I’m what you might call a “honeymoon girl”.  That’s a person who gets all set up for a project and basks in the glow of the preparation and then, all of the air just blows out of the balloon. I buy the running shoes, the socks, the Nike© sweat-flicking running clothes, the tennis racket, the golf shoes and matching outfit, the golf clubs, the juicer, the smoothie maker, the vitamins, the treadmill, the elliptical machine, the gym membership…you get it. Ever heard of Freecycle.com? That is where my elliptical machine went and I don’t miss it. I spent enough money on gym memberships to feed a small third world country. The rest of the stuff is either in the closet or hanging on the glorified clothes hanger otherwise called a treadmill. Didn't I see that set of golf clubs out in the garage last spring?

What I’m saying is, I’m all set for Kristie’s Clean Eating Boot Camp challenge. My accountability partner, Erica Jackson and I are on our “honeymoon”. We expect our cleansing “marriage” to last. While I didn’t buy everything on the list, I think I got it right. I’m going to try to stay away from too much dairy and sadly, butter. I don’t plan on eating the eggs (the hormones in chicken feed scare me). I have a vat of lemon, peppermint water in the fridge. You don’t want to know how much all that costs. It’s not easy being green, as Kermit the Frog would say.

This morning for breakfast, I ate a left over cheeseburger, a cup of coffee and a cup of Raisin Bran, just to keep it healthy. No more of that. Tomorrow will come and I will be ready to drink my green smoothie and take a 30 minute walk or move faster than usual somehow.
I'll try to check in everyday. Make sure to comment and share. I'm counting on you to keep me honest. Take the poll. What's holding you back?
#WEGOTTHIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment