My Closet

My Closet
Still a mess! Just the way I like it!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Day Four...

It Was Worth A Try



Is it Day Four already? Who am I kidding? I'm counting the minutes. I know. I know. No negativity! Speak Life! Just wondering...does anyone else have a headache? I can't think very clearly. Is there such a thing as chocolate withdrawal?

There is an upside. I cooked. It might not look like much, but it was a gourmet meal to me. That little one serving shrimp stew was like a party in my mouth. I guess we can have shrimp. Shrimp is fish...I think. I swear. I'm so hungry, I can't tell what food group fish belongs to. It took exactly 5 minutes to thaw and five minutes to sauté, add fresh spinach, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, Fennel Seed, ginger, garlic, crushed red peppers and a splash of coconut milk. It took less than that to slurp it down. Picture me hunched over the table with a spoon in one hand and the other protecting that bowl with the other, like a prison inmate.

I don't know why, but it sounded like a good idea to add coconut milk to shrimp. I might have read it somewhere. In my delirium, I just started throwing stuff in the pan. I liked it. The cooking, not so much. The mad scientist in me needed to be fulfilled. And, I'm still hanging in there.

I'm digging the smoothie recipes and the menus on Kristie's Face book page. The reminder to plan my meals comes right on time. It's such a simple concept. But, I almost forgot. Yesterday, I went to a meeting and I passed on all the yummy chips, turkey and cheese wraps and cookies. I passed on chocolate chip cookies. Thank goodness for the veggie tray. I survived...without the dip.

I am going to an all day U.S. Constitutional Law seminar tomorrow. I can't contain my excitement. (You don't really believe that, do you?) I will stay committed to my little bag of Boot Camp regulation foods and I will rush the veggie table at lunch.

What was I saying again....?

No comments:

Post a Comment