My Closet

My Closet
Still a mess! Just the way I like it!

Friday, October 3, 2014

I Shall Not Be Moved!

Hi Y’all,

Has it really been over two years? I’ve missed you. Let me start by saying, 2011-2014 was a trip! I survived and I am very thankful to God and my friends and family for pulling me through. That said; remember, this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Think Pink! Remind someone you love to schedule a mammogram. Early detection saves lives.

What have I been up to? Just about everything. Ask my friends or check out my Face book page. I finally got off my cancer-free a$$, stopped feeling sorry for myself and got busy livin’…it beats the hell out of the rest of that line from Shawshank Redemption. Don’t blink or you might miss me. I’ve been traveling, involving myself in my community and thinking up new trouble to get into. I’m still editing that book I started 12 years ago. But who’s counting? I’m just happy to be here to polish and fuss over it like a piece of fine china

My closet is still a mess. I won’t even change the picture. It might even be worse, now. I got rid of a crap-load of clothes, purses and shoes. Still, I’m shopping a little too much. But anyone who saw the dress I bought from JC Penney for $2.97, will forgive me that indiscretion. By the way, remember how when this all started, I kept wondering why I couldn’t seem to make friends with the bank? Well, it wasn’t just me. You may have read that the banks have been court ordered to reimburse millions for scheming people out of illegal overdraft fees. Personally, I got a few “C-Notes” back, myself. So see, it wasn’t just me.

But I digress. I’ve been inhaling donuts like they cure cancer. I’m still busting out those New Balance running shoes now and then, trying to keep from having a heart attack (See May 2011). And I still have 20 pounds to lose (who doesn’t?). So, it’s time for something more drastic. Instead of my closet, I’m cleansing my body.  It's time to eat to live, not live to eat. We all know what we need to do.

My friend Kristie Duffy has issued a Clean Eating Boot Camp challenge. I and a few other brave souls have, with great trepidation, accepted (I have to exercise too...boo!). Now, Kristie is the truth...No excuses! So, I don’t want to disappoint her or my colleagues. I’m excited. But, remember when I tried to go vegan (See Jan 2012)? We shall see.  It’s only 3 weeks, right? If you’re on Facebook, check her out, https://www.facebook.com/groups/256921401107513/...if you dare.

Follow along with me. Keep me honest. This should be interesting. Life will always hold a special challenge for me. It always has. For as long as I can remember, it’s always been something. I guess just about everyone can say that. Someone once said, “If we all threw all of our problems up in the air at the same time, you’d still catch yours coming down”. I believe I would. I keep trying and living and bringing people into my world. I’ll try again. I enjoy sharing and hearing what’s going on in your lives. That Zuckerberg kid sure had it right.  

I’m so glad to be back. I’m so glad to be me again, whoever that girl may be now. “…my description cannot fit your tongue, for I have a certain way of being in this world, and I shall not, I shall not be moved”, Maya Angelou.

No comments:

Post a Comment